Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Tuscan Matakana Vineyard
- Land: 7.5 ha (19 acres)
Forget the quarter acre Kiwi dream, this is the 7.7ha Kiwi dream and just 45 minutes north of Auckland, in the beautiful rural Rodney district. Here you'll find the unique opportunity to enjoy your very own slice of Tuscany, without leaving New Zealand. Opportunities to own and run a business like this do not come around very often. This is your chance to purchase a well-established and highly successful vineyard, restaurant and events center. Set on around 7.7ha of land, with vineyards covering around 4ha of it, you'll find a stunning Tuscan-styled property that blends effortlessly into its surroundings. The 100 rows of vines (that's about 10,000 plants) produce around 30 tonnes of crop per year that's about 25,000 bottles of wine. The variety of wine produced is extensive thanks to the clay soil, like the south of France. This fertile soil yields Chardonnay, Flora, Malbec, Merlot, Tannet, Cabernet Franc, Pinotage, Syrah, Sangionesse and, of course, the Kiwi classic Sauvignon Blanc. There's even around 200 fruit trees on the estate, including plums, pears, peaches, lemons and mandarins. This gorgeous locally grown produce is perfect for using in the restaurant, or to sell at the cellar door. As you'd expect, there's complete on-site vinery production too, including wine processing, fermentation, underground cellar for storing and wine ageing, bottling plant and labelling machine. As well as a tremendous output of wine, the business also includes a rustic cellar door and popular restaurant, as well as a self-contained function centre for beautiful weddings and events for extra income potential.
New Unitary plan proposing new 9000 houses in Warkworth area and with new State motorway extensions started and coming in few years right in front of the Estate, benefits and potentials are obvious.
The extensive list of features this extraordinary property boasts includes:
• Total land area of approximately 7.7ha ( 20 acres), including 4ha of vineyard with 100 rows of vines (approximately 10,000 plants).
• Total building area of approximately 2,500sqm, including a cellar door and a wine lounge bar and restaurant with 200 seats and a large commercial-grade kitchen, all on one title plus a stand alone Belfry event center (approximately 500sqm).
• Complete vinery production on site.
• Standalone, well-established wedding and events venue with capacity for around 220 guests.
• Extensive storage, cooler and cold walk-in room.
• Outdoor large tool sheds and three large machinery sheds.
• On-site 5-bedroom plus rumpus guest house for workers' accommodation.
• Wine production of around 25,000 bottles per year.
• A total of three on-site businesses.
• All the facilities required to meet legislation: three toilets (including disabled) in the restaurant, and six toilets in the events centre.
• On-site water bore, plus rainwater filtered and distributed throughout estate.
• Registered wine manufacturers with all the necessary, valid permits to manufacture and sell wine and alcohol.
• Further expansion opportunities to add accommodation on site - Motel with 25 units up to 100 people.
If you've ever wanted to live the Kiwi dream, this is your chance. You can even enjoy complete flexibility as the current owners are willing to discuss a lease contract with the new owner. Whatever you choose, make an appointment to view now and explore the incredible opportunities this unique and beautiful property provides.
7.5 ha / 19 acres